As I've mentioned, I own my own business.
I recently landed a really nice government contract.
But I underestimated the funds needed to kick it off. I undershot the pricing and costs of recruiting, salary, hardware and licensing. I had anticipated being able to overlap a couple of over clients with this one, but that didn't work out.
A friend of mine is a board member of a venture capitalist firm. So I've been convinced to seek out some investment funding, which is equity rather than a business loan, which is debt. Using some of her templates for determining investment needs and matching them to what I expect to use to kick off the project, it looks like I'll need to get an infusion of 750k USD. Suck!
That's almost a million dollars, even after I opted to go to open source suites of software. Yuck, I hate this part of running a business.
At any rate, it's a fun time in life. I went with some friends to Las Vegas to celebrate landing the account. And as usual, I spend crap loads of money when I drink. So I think my new rule in life is, leave the money at home if I'm drinking. Just bring enough to drink and get a town car if I get too drunk to drive.
If anyone has leads on friendly investment groups, groups that love high tech and are keen on mathematics....lemme know. :)
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment